A Chapter of the American Institute of Architects
Please join us for a free lunch & learn on 'Sustainable Plumbing and Water Saving Techniques' by Pat Baker of Kohler on Tuesday, February 8th, 2010 at JJR's conference room (110 Miller, Ann Arbor, MI 48103) starting at 12:00 pm. Attendees can earn 1 AIA/CES HSW SD learning unit Please RSVP by Friday February 4th via the website. Feel free to contact Elizabeth Huck (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding the event.
We’re all connected. Healthier homes mean healthier people, communities and planet. In this course you will learn how to design healthy and sustainable baths & kitchens, select sustainable residential products, be able to integrate water conservation plumbing products for LEED credits into residential designs and communicate to clients the importance of sustainable buildings.
This course was developed for all designers and architects; specifically for those who specify plumbing products. After this course you will be able to:
- Look to naturally existing systems for residential sustainable design solutions
- Create healthy, sustainable bath and kitchen environments for new or remodel projects
- Make product decisions based on attribute and product life cycle assessment
- Select plumbing products that conserve water and meet the guidelines for LEED credit
- Inform clients about the multiple benefits of a well designed, sustainable home